Job Title: Product Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Marketing
Location: Seattle, WA
Product Managers at Dux Area plan, organize, and control an assigned product line(s) from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. We are currently seeking a Product Manager with experience developing complete fluid delivery and mixing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, analysis of market research, and launch coordination for new and emerging products.
- Establishes company product roadmap for assigned product line(s).
- Conducts market analysis to develop product definitions. Is the product introduction champion in the organization for product that will support the strategic and market plans.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing, to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Reviews progress continually through product life cycle to ensure attainment of objectives.
- Recommends pricing structures for product and maintains BOMs, internal cost data, and end-user price sheets.
- Responsible for accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers including Dux Area sales staff and distributors.
- Participates in Marketing Communications and training activities to effectively launch new products into the marketplace.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The Product Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of the coatings application market, including:
Knowledge of manufacturing methods and experience sourcing and managing vendor relationships.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and effectively implement change.
Excellent computer skills, including experience with MS Office suite of products.
Ability to work under deadlines/pressure.
- Significant experience designing, selling, and/or installing fluid delivery and mixing systems (pumps, 2K mixing systems, etc.), and
- A solid understanding of industrial coating types and their impact on finishing system design and finishing techniques.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with SolidWorks or other CAD software suites.
- Public speaking experience and/or experience as a trainer.
- Experience as a painter/operator, or familiarity with painting techniques.
résumé to HR@duxarea.com.