Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Locations: Midwestern Region (KS, OK, TX, NB, MO)
The Business Development Manager will be a selling manager, with primary responsibility of growing the Dux business with the assigned distributors in their particular area. Additionally, the BDM will develop new business, mentor and direct District Sales Managers, perform major account sales functions, and attain sales quotas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a strong partner relationship with the distributor(s) in their area, enabling the distributor(s) to grow their Dux business to the desired sales levels
- Provide regular, daily feedback to corporate regarding market conditions, new product requirements, applications, problems, successes, competition, etc.
- Make joint sales calls with the distributors sales representatives, perform demonstrations of Dux products, and ensure that the Dux product line is properly represented to the end user
- Provide periodic training of distributors personnel on the Dux product line
- Call upon major prospective clients in the Industrial, Commercial, and Transportation industries
- Be equally involved in lead generation, client contact, product demos, and pre-and post sales activities.
- Interact regularly with the National Sales Manager to ensure consistency of message and potential shared business development opportunities with distributors
- Manage expenses
- Provide leadership in adherence to and compliance with the company’s integrated sales IT management and reporting tools (NetSuite).
- Provide feedback, reporting to the National Sales Manager
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing distributors in their area, and directing one or more District Sales Managers within a region, reporting to the National Sales Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the commercial, industrial coatings market in your area, including knowledge of existing and competitive products
- Detailed understanding of and comfort with automated online sales reporting and CRM tools
- Experience in negotiating commercial product volume sales deals with major industry players
- 3-5 years minimum experience in industrial, manufacturing products, or equipment sales with proven experience in negotiating and closing contracts.
- 2 years minimum experience in B2B sales environments.
- Broad experience selling across many industries is a plus.
- Comfortable using computers, and applications such as MS Office Suite, Email, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent human relations, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
résumé to HR@duxarea.com.